January 2020 Association Minutes Lancaster Extension Education Center
President Don Weeks called the meeting to order at 12:00 PM.
He announced the following upcoming events:
- January 22, Coffee Chat at Panera Bread at 14th and Pine Lake
- March 26, 2020 Coffee Chat and Tour of HuskerVision
The following individuals were remembered during the Association Memory Moments:
- William “Bill” John Wayne, Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Doug Amedeo, School of Natural Resources
- Jim Alfano, Plant Pathology Department
- James “Jimmi” Smith, Multi-cultural Affairs
- Steve Kalish, College of Law
- Ann Rawley, widow of James Rawley, History Department
President Weeks introduced our speakers, Dr. Susan Fritz, Executive Vice President and Provost of the University of Nebraska, and Dr. Fritz introduced Dr. Kristin Yates, Research Director for the University of Nebraska system. Dr. Fritz and Dr. Yates presented information on a recent research project undertaken to provide longitudinal data and analysis of the Nebraska K-12 educational experience in combination with the educational experience at the University of Nebraska. Their presentation included a real-time demonstration of Tableau reporting software, which shows the types of jobs that graduates are attaining, sortable by major.
The meeting adjourned at 1:00 PM.