February 2020 Association Minutes Lancaster Extension Education Center
The meeting of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Emeriti and Retirees Association (UNL ERA) was called to order by President Don Weeks at 12:00 noon.
President Weeks asked those in attendance to pause for a moment of silence in memory of:
- Homer L. Puderbaugh, Architecture
- Cho Wing Solomon To, Mechanical Engineering
- Coffee chat to be held Wednesday, February 26, 9:30am at Rock ‘n’ Joe, 5025 Lindberg St.
- Tour of HuskerVision, Thursday, March 26., West Stadium. Coffee chat 9:00, Bill Moos 9:45 with tour following. There will be an electronic notice and sign up for this tour.
- Gregg Wright encouraged members to nominate a Nebraska K-12 courageous teacher for the Christa McAuliffe Prize which comes with a $1000 stipend. Nominations may be made online, http://cehs.unl.edu/courage, or by calling Gregg, before March 1.
- The UNL ERA spring newsletter will be distributed electronically this weekend.
Vice President Kim Hachiya introduced the luncheon speaker, Connie Boehm, Director of Big Red Resilience and Well Being. Boehm explained the purpose of her department and the help it offers to UNL students in ensuring student mental health support services, removing barriers in seeking mental health treatment, and creating a collaborative approach to mental health promotion. After her presentation, Boehm answered questions from association members.
Meeting adjourned by President Weeks at 12:45pm.