January 2014 Association Minutes
January 2014 Association Minutes East Campus Union
A luncheon was served to approximately 60 members.
Program: Allen Blezek, Past-President, in place of Program Chair and Vice President Duane Eversoll who was the program presenter, introduced Duane Eversoll, Emeritus Professor, Nebraska Geological Survey, School of Natural Resources, IANR, UNL, who spoke on the topic of "Nebraska Landslides." He reviewed his new publication on Nebraska Landslides and used photos and illustrations to identify areas of geologic landslides across the State, and discussed their economic impact on properties and transportation routes. A question/answer period followed.
Business Meeting – Allen Blezek, Past-President, convened the business meeting at 12:32 pm. He reminded members that Minutes of Board and Member Meetings and Treasurer's Reports are posted on the Emeriti Association web site www.emeriti.unl.edu.
1. Memory Moments: Dorothy (Dee) Hughes, Dance; William (Bill) Sesow, Curriculum and Instruction; Thomas Sheffield, Art, and Richard R.Wood, NU Counsel, Office of the President.
2. Cancellation Policy. Past-President Blezek reminded members that the weather cancellation policy is the same as for the Lincoln Public Schools; i.e., we cancel meetings if the schools are closed.
3. Report on Big X 2016 Conference. Jack Goebel, Chair, reported that progress is being made and planning committees will be announced soon.
4. New officers and committee members will be introduced at the February meeting.
Kay Rockwell has agreed to serve as the Member Relations Chair. Board Members present stood so attendees could see who to contact with ideas for the Board.
5. The next Luncheon Meeting will be February 18, 2014. Don Wilhite, Professor and Former Director, School of Natural Resources, IANR, UNL, will speak on " Planning for Drought and the Consequences of Global Warming."
6. The next Coffee Chats will be Valentine's Day at 9:30 am, Friday, February14th at the Crescent Moon Coffee House, below Ten Thousand Villages (SE corner of 8th and "P" Streets. Email reminders are sent one week prior to each event. Contact Nancy Aden <firstname.lastname@example.org>Meeting adjourned at 12:35 pm.